Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Foggy, soggy and slow...

Rode alone. It was cold and got colder.

Route: Pleasant Valley, then zigzagged my way through Emeryville (and psychotic drivers who don't signal!) and took the Bay Trail to Richmond. Through the ghetto, then checked out my old house/neighborhood, crossed San Pablo took some road up to San Pablo Dam road (way cold, saw my breath!), then up Wildcat Canyon through Tilden, out Shasta Gate onto Grizzly Peak. (Very Thick fog, drippy fog!), dropped down Claremont, took College back to Pleasant Valley, then Grand to Lake Merritt, and home to a hot shower .

Distance: 42.13 (finally cracked 40!)
Avg Speed: Slow as fuck, or 12.8 (I think I was bonking the last 10+ miles and did nothing about it)
HR Avg: 153, max HR this ride 180 (that's above 95%, bad Jen!)
Time: 3:16

Realization: Yes, I lost last season/last year. This year/season, I will be able to ride, but it is essentially lost in any meaningful sense of the word because it's going to be about rehab. Getting back to where I was before the accident. I'm slow on hills, there's no denying that. At one point, I nearly cried because I was doing 3.5 mph up the hill in Tilden. So sad. I once cruised that at 8-10mph.

At least I have two legs, right? I can still walk and ride a bike.

I was totally wobbly and making poor decisions towards the end. Need to eat and drink more. Breakfast plus one Hammer Gel doesn't tide you over until 4pm. Especially since my calorie expenditure said I burned 2098 calories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home